Dixie Power is looking for an Apprentice Meter Technician. Please fill out the application on our website at www.dixiepower.com.
Position Closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, June 5, 2020
• High School diploma or GED.
• Required to have a valid Driver’s License.
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Access preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot computer systems and networks.
• On-call position; required to carry a company provided cell phone and responsible to trouble call on weekends, holidays, and after hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
• Installs or activates meters for new member services
• Accurately verifies and records meter readings as directed by service orders, supervisor, or office staff
• Assists with meter operations to assure proper calibration and recording of electrical consumption
• Assists with identifying and isolating issues producing metering errors; analyzes meter problems and makes technical service repairs as needed
• Calculates multipliers as a basis for member billing
• Reads and computes kilowatts and kilowatt hours from recoding demand meters
• Assists with comprehensive meter calibration, testing, and maintenance
• Identifies and replaces worn and/or dysfunctional parts and equipment
• Certifies repaired meters for member use and installation, receives new meter inventory, prepares and programs meters for service
• Assists with technical installation of substation hardware to ensure proper deployment; verifies collector settings and IP addresses; programs equipment as required
• Assists with the installation of transformer rated meters
• Monitors meter data via software management system (NISC), Command Center, and Eaton software
• Assists with various requests related to electrical metering (high bill), service irregularities, and acts as trouble shooter to remedy member issues
• Performs account name changes, connects, and disconnects electrical services
• Responsible for assigned vehicle and/or test equipment to be kept clean and in good working condition, also responsible for inspections and mileage reports
• Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Position requires field work in an electrical environment and is regularly exposed to inclement weather conditions and risk of electrical hazards from Littlefield AZ to Fillmore UT.