Dixie Power is looking for an Apprentice Substation Technician. Please fill out the application on our website at www.dixiepower.com and send a resume to HR@dixiepower.com to the attention of Leighann Mullins.
Position Closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, April 23, 2021
• High School diploma or GED.
• Required to have a valid Utah Drivers License.
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
• Knowledge in the fundamentals of computer aided design and drafting (CAD).
• Knowledge in the basics of electrical theory.
• Ability to troubleshoot computer systems and networks.
• On-call position; required to carry a company provided cell phone and responsible to trouble call on weekends, holidays, and after hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES EXPECTED OVER TIME:
• Perform monthly inspections and gather all necessary data for generation of reports and updating records. Make repairs and corrections on any abnormal findings.
• Ensure proper housekeeping and organization at substations.
• Perform all phases of substation construction including but not limited to reading and understanding of schematic diagrams and construction drawings, construction of foundations, erecting structures, installation of busses, switches, breakers, transformers, voltage regulators, capacitors, circuit switchers, AC and DC systems, conduit and cable raceways, grounding systems, pulling and terminating of cable, installation of control metering and relay panels, etc.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, test, repair, and maintain substation equipment, including reclosers, regulators, breakers, relays, capacitors, etc. Modify and make necessary adjustments as required.
• Maintain tests and update installation, inspection, and maintenance records for substations and associated equipment.
• Install, repair, and maintain the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and related equipment.
• Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed in accordance with company policy and APPA safety manual.
• Perform switching functions on transmission and distribution apparatus as directed.
• Responsible for assigned vehicle and/or test equipment to be kept clean and in good working condition; also responsible for inspections and mileage reports.
• Employee will be required to become a Journeyman Substation Technician through the Utah Department of Labor, if not acquired before hiring.
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Position requires field work in an electrical substation environment and is regularly exposed to inclement weather conditions and risk of electrical hazards from Littlefield AZ to Fillmore UT.