Dixie Power is looking for an IT Telecommunications Technician.
Position Closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, January 29, 2021
The successful candidate will perform a variety of full level technical duties for information and communication systems to ensure appropriate connectivity and network efficiency along with routine system maintenance ensuring that all components operate efficiently to support information and communication systems.
- 2 years of related experience in a utility or business environment with emphasis in networking.
- High School diploma or GED required. Two years of specialized training or an associate degree directly related to telecommunications, electronics, or automation systems is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Skilled in computers and troubleshooting, operating complex test equipment essential to the installation, maintenance, and repair of communication equipment.
- Ability to establish and follow through on work priorities, work independently with very little supervision on completing critical tasks.
PARTIAL LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, and make operational communications systems, subsystems, and supporting infrastructure including interfacing with other inside or outside systems per specifications, standards, codes, and regulations.
- Install, configure, and provision equipment, terminate cabling, terminate and splice fiber, mount and tune antennas and install RF feedline and waveguide for wireless systems including microwave, data radios, and mobile radio system; Install powerline carrier systems.
- Test communications equipment for proper operations, tune and make adjustments for proper signal levels, and other criteria for proper operation of the system. Document as-built configurations, settings, measurements, and install notes including diagrams and schematics.
- Assist with designing and planning communication systems.
- Assist with budgets and schedules, requisition materials/services for communication system needs.
- Maintain communications systems, subsystems, and supporting infrastructure. Keep accurate maintenance records.
- Monitor systems, respond to alarms and trouble reports and check systems for issues or failure.
- Coordinate with other departments for needs, timing of projects, interfacing connections, and interruptions of service. Keep tools and test equipment in good operating condition.
SOME OF THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee is frequently required to sit; walk, talk, or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and climbing, reaching and lifting with hands and arms. Most duties require outside work in the elements of heat and cold. Regular travel required in normal course of job performance from Scenic, AZ to the Fillmore, UT areas. May be asked to work or flex additional hours on a regularly occurring basis depending on the technical needs of the coop.