Dixie Power is seeking a highly motivated, talented and experienced individual to fill the position of Member Services Representative.
Position Closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, Oct 30, 2020
Member Service Representatives provide enthusiastic, consistent, accurate and timely information and services to all new and existing members. This includes effectively communicating on all aspects or inquiries about the Cooperative; including knowledge of activities performed in the following departments: billing, metering, collections, engineering, marketing/sales, construction, operations, administration, external, capital credits and warehouse. They have a sound, working knowledge of policy systems and cooperative policies ensuring the forward movement towards the vision and strategic plan of the Cooperative.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education or at least one year of customer service experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that could include travel to other area offices.
- Must possess excellent conflict resolution skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures, education and backgrounds to ensure customer satisfaction is met.
- Excellent phone skills along with other oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and independent worker with a positive attitude and enthusiasm, a team player.
- Strong computer skills required, with ability to operate in a technological, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
PARTIAL LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs as a “one stop” source for resolving all member inquires including but not limited to, requests from current or prospective members who want to establish or terminate electric service, billing and meter reading, adjustments, consumption and usage, tax exemption, energy conservation, credit and collections, assistance programs, payment arrangements, payment programs, capital credits, budget billing, sales of products and energy wise programs, back up to team and other departments etc. to ensure team/corporate goals are met.
- Reconciles inquiries in a courteous, efficient, and professional manner, both orally and in writing, with answers that are consistent, accurate, and within established time standards.
- Performs as liaison to billing, accounting, metering, engineering, marketing/sales, construction, operations, and administration and warehouse departments.
- Investigates and explains relevant facts to affected department(s) to resolve situations that arise.