Dixie Power is looking for a Warehouse Assistant. Please fill out the application on our website at www.dixiepower.com.
Position Closes at 4:00 pm on Friday, July 17, 2020
- High School diploma or GED.
- Required to have a valid Driver’s License and a current DOT Medical Card.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, software, or inventory computer programs preferred.
- Basic experience in warehousing and basic accounting
- Must be able to work outdoors in the warehouse yard in local weather conditions with some office work as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
- Assists to achieve material consignment arrangement with vendors
- Responsible for the accuracy of physical inventories
- Assists and helps maintain proper stocking levels
- Assists in loading material for contractors coming into yards
- Assists in loading material for crews and contractors available on time, and accurate records
- Assists in gathering emergency material for crew in the field
- Physically counts material monthly to compare with accounting records
- Receives, verifies, and inspects material purchased/enters receipts in the inventory program
- Pulls material for crews using pick lists
- Delivers material to crews as needed
- Processes issue tickets for material leaving inventory
- Assists with disposal of excess or obsolete material and the use of recycle bins
- Maintains forklift certification
- Maintains forklifts in safe working order
- Maintains the warehouse yard and other physical facilities to meet safety accreditation goals
- Transports vehicles and trailers to and from maintenance facilities
- Becomes familiar with Bar-Coding process and assists lineman and contractors in charging out material
- Maintains facility and yards to meet current RESAP requirements
- Takes oil samples from transformers for PCB tests
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Position requires workers to perform normally in a controlled physical environment with outdoor work. Tasks require a variety of physical activities involving muscular strain, related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, and lifting. Regular travel from Littlefield AZ to Fillmore UT.
- May be asked to work or flex additional hours based on truck shipments and operations schedules for warehouse needs