The undersigned (hereinafter called “applicant”) hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from. (Hereinafter called the “Cooperative”), upon the following terms and conditions:
1. The applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from the Cooperative all electric energy used on all premises described on the applicant’s account(s) and will pay therefore monthly at rates to be determined from time to time in accordance with the bylaws of the Cooperative. The applicant will pay a minimum bill as specified in the applicable rate schedule.
2. Should it become necessary, in any dispute, the Cooperative shall have the right to institute collection by all means available including suit in a court. The customer agrees to pay all costs of collection which is 35% of the total balance in addition to court costs and attorney’s fees.
3. The applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of the Cooperative, and such rules and regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
4. The applicant grants and conveys to the Cooperative a perpetual right-of-way easement to place, construct, operate, maintain and replace power lines and equipment associated with the provisions of electrical distribution, and to cut and trim trees and shrubbery to keep them clear of power lines, consistent with prudent utility practice. The applicant further grants and conveys to the Cooperative a permanent license to enter upon the premises to inspect, install, and read electric meters, consistent with prudent utility practice.
5. The applicant certifies that the applicant is at least 18 years of age, is legally competent, and is the property owner or is otherwise vested with sufficient rights in the property to grant and convey the right-of-way and license herein. The acceptance of the application by the Cooperative shall constitute an agreement between the applicant and the Cooperative.